** Veteran Owned and Operated **
Herb and Karen Westphal have been married for 39 years. Herb served in the Marines and retired from federal service. Karen is a retired registered occupational therapist. They have always dreamed of owning a farm and enjoying the solitude that follows in country living. They have enjoyed it so much that they are now looking forward to sharing that quiet peacefulness of the farm with their guests. As well, they are hoping to further agritourism in the Lancaster KY area through development of the bed and breakfast, event barn and general farm experiences.
Today most Kentuckians have no direct connection to farm life, even in rural areas. By providing a B&B Farm Stay and hosting events at Willow Bend Farm we are promoting agritourism in Lancaster KY. Willow Bend Farm will provide visitors an opportunity to visit the greater working farm community in Lancaster KY by providing a B&B experience and hosting weddings and seasonal events.
Our goal is to grow visitation to Lancaster KY and incorporate as many local businesses as possible into WillowBend Farm
Lancaster KY - "A small town with great pride". The City of Lancaster, established 1797, serves as the county seat of Garrard County, and sits in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky at the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Lancaster's geographic location serves as a cross-roads for the region as it sits at the heart of Lexington, Richmond, Danville, Somerset, and Berea. The Lancaster Square is a hub of activity at the intersec of Highways 27 and 52.
Nearly 50 buildings in the city are listed on the National Historic Register with a number of them in the downtown area currently undergoing renovation. Most prominent of these is the Grand Theater, originally constructed in 1925. The Garrard County Historical Society is also located in Lancaster.
Our Inn is an award winning William Poole designed home. William Poole, the Wilmington, North Carolina architect is known for creating warm and romantic living spaces based on southern classic architecture. Our Inn lives up to William Poole's intent. Even more so, as the Inn is situated on 18 parklike acres that includes a one acre catch and release fishing pond, barn with farm animals, and our barn cat "Willie" , you will instantly fall in love with him.
Extra wide wood moldings, archways, transoms and 10-foot ceilings on the first floor are characteristic of the William Poole style and provide an appropriate backdrop for our Bed and Breakfast.
Magnolia Suite - this suite has two bedrooms. One king and one queen bed, comfortable sofa chair, chest of drawers and night stand. All rooms are connected thru a private hallway. There is one shared private bath and a lounge room for reading and television. Traditional Farm Breakfast included. (295.00 per night- suite rate - max of 4 adults. Additional guest +50.00) ( 195.00 per night - single room rate)
Camellia Suite - Perfect for a Romantic Getaway. This suite offers over 1000 square feet of living space. This suite has a king bed and a queen bed, comfortable sectional sofa with 55 inch TV, closet space, night stand, its own private living room, bathroom and private stair entrance. Traditional Farm Breakfast included. (295.00 per night)
Both Suites can only be accessed via stairs. Pet Allergies can not be accommodated on this Farm Stay Property.
Willow Bend wedding venue is situated on 18 parklike acres. This package provides access to all 18 acres and a dressing area for the bride and bride maids. This package allows you the flexibility to reserve the grounds for the wedding or for the wedding and reception. You are able to self reserve all services from our list of local vendors or those you choose. This is the true DIY package! This package - Wedding only 1295.00 / Wedding and reception 2495.00. events bed and breakfast wedding venues
Willow Bend is the perfect retreat for a Sisters / Friend weekend. A chance to reconnect and pamper yourselves in an exquisite country suite. Enjoy a homemade breakfast and a great cup of Coffee. WBF is an exquisite bed and breakfast and event / wedding venue
We will soon be hosting seasonal events put on by Willow Bend Farm.
We can also accommodate your own Private Event such as a family reunion, church or business picnic, etc...on our 18 acre farm.
Check out this great video
Be the first to hear about local events and new amenities.
Reserve your room at Willow Bend Farm using PayPal and receive 10% discount. Call us for details.
August 30th, 2019
Agreement between Customer and Willow Bend Farm
1. Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the Guest. This includes the responsibility of everyone in the Guest Party. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the Guest will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Charges may need to be applied after the departure of the Guest as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper.
2. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. The property is privately owned and operated. Should there be any disorderly conduct, disrespect to owners and other guests, intentional damage, or non-compliance with our Inn’s policies, you may be asked to leave at any time.
3. Waiver of Liability: Owners will not be held liable for accidents or injury to Guests or for loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
4. I, as the customer, agree to be respectful to the property, its owners and employees, as well as other guests AND pay for any and all charges related to my stay
5. All Customers are expected to abide by Kentucky State / Garrard County Laws.
6. Check in: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM If arriving outside of check-in times, please call to make arrangements
7. Check out: 10:30 AM
8. No Smoking inside is allowed. A minimum fee of $250 fee will be charged should there be any damages or lingering smoke as a result of a guest smoking inside.
9. No Pets. Please call for help in making arrangements to board your pet. Twin Lake Kennels is located 1 mile from our bed and breakfast.
10. Candles are not permitted in our suites. Our insurance prohibits candle use and a charge will be applied for candle wax clean up or fire damage.
11. Special situations allow for children, please call to make arrangements
1. Both suites can be accessed through stairs
2. Pet Allergies cannot be accommodated on this Farm Property Stay
© 2019. All Rights Reserved. Willow Bend Farm
Files coming soon.